Publication and Authorship
“This journal is a member of Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE) and complies with the highest ethical standards in accordance with ethical laws”.
The principles of the Committee on Publication Ethics can be found at COPE and also in University of Tehran's policy:
Copyright and Conflict of Interest forms
- All persons listed as authors are assumed to have been actively involved in one or more key aspects of the reported study according to the EOGE;
- The submitted manuscript should be solely considered by the journal and should not been previously published or submitted simultaneously to another journal;
- Authors should sign a Copyright form stating that the article is an original work, has not been published before and is not being considered for publication elsewhere;
- Authors must complete Conflict of Interest form.
Authors should ensure that:
- their work is original and written by them;
- their work has not been previously published and has been submitted only to the journal;
- where material is taken from other sources (including their own published writing) the source should be clearly cited and that appropriate permission must be obtained where needed;
- their work does not infringe on any rights of others, including privacy rights and intellectual property rights;
- their data is true and not manipulated;
- their data is their own or that they have permission to use data reproduced in their paper;
- any real or apparent conflicting or competing interest is clearly stated on submission of their paper (this would include funding assistance);
- they adhere to all research ethics guidelines of their discipline, particularly where human or animal subjects are involved;
- they contact the Editor to identify and correct any material errors upon discovery, whether prior or subsequent to publication of their work;
- Authorship of the paper is accurately represented, including ensuring that all individuals credited as authors participated in the actual authorship of the work and that all who participated are credited and have given consent for publication;
- authors should have substantial contributions to conception and design, and/or acquisition of data, and/or analysis and interpretation of data according to the JOGI;
- authors should provide the final approval of the manuscript before publication;
- the corresponding author should be actively cooperate with the journal editorial office for any queries regarding the submitted manuscript and should respond the journal’s mails as soon as possible.
Publishing ethics issues
- Publication ethical violations including duplication, fabrication, falsification and plagiarism are strictly prohibited;
- Papers are checked for plagiarism (including self-plagiarism).
- The corresponding author must affirm that all co-investigators have been duly credited in the manuscript either as co-authors or in the acknowledgement section;
- It is necessary to have taken a significant part in the overall conception and design of the research or to have participated in the acquisition, analysis and interpretation of data as well as having written initial drafts of the manuscript, revised and contributed to the final manuscript.